Distant Learning Home
Happy New Year!
Second semester will begin virtually on Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
All students will take periods 5-7; teachers will be in contact with those who will be assigned a period 8. Once we return to campus we will send out more updates about period 8 and what students who aren't assigned one will do.
For second semester, Kealakehe High School will offer two distance learning options:
- Acellus Academy is the accredited program by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Self-paced, video-based where students have to be self-motivated
- Classes added were chosen by families and counselors to best match graduation needs
- Acellus courses are for the first semester. Second semester TBD.
- Questions and concerns should be directed to Sheri.Harris@k12.hi.us
- Follows the school bell schedule on a M, Tu, Th, Fr basis. Wednesday is a student support day.
- Student progress monitored by teachers and support staff
- Questions and concerns should be directed to teachers and counselors
- Students in Google Classroom will move to hybrid/in-person learning model once deemed safe to do so