WaveRider students from grades 9th-12th who have not yet auditioned for this year's court may tryout for the available positions on Wednesday at 5pm in the Library. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Macatiag in room D-102.
- At time of audition, you must be passing ALL classes with a "C" or higher and maintain it till May Night.
- At time of audition, submit a persuasive essay "How are you a positive role model for our WaveRider Ohana and for our community?' Typed, double spaced.
- Hula Audition and Interview at tryouts: Hula should be 1-1 1/2 minutes. Please bring your own song on a ipod/iphone. Dress in the appropriate attire to match your hula.
- Submit a completed Cultural Celebration Participant Agreement Form at tryouts.
- Current on all school obligations (no IOU)
- Attend all hula practices on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- Participate in a service learning activity on 4/29.
- Acquire leis and costume at own expense
- Will only participate in the court performance the night of the event.
- Continuously be a positive role model for our student body and for the community.
- No school vote will be conducted.