No upcoming assignments.
Here are the important quantities that you need to have equations for, for your open note semester 1 final exam (write all of these on one piece of paper).
- Percent error
- Linear motion
- speed & velocity
- Free fall
- Kinematic equations (four)
- Quarter 1 Benchmark Assessment.
- This is small test on all the basic content from quarter 1.
- Scientific method.
- Percent error.
- Linear motion.
- Free fall.
Big Bridge-Grape-River-Raft Problem
- A person is standing on a bridge that is 6.5 meters above a river.
- The person is holding a grape over the water.
- The grape is purple (obviously).
- Another person is lying face up on a raft that is upstream from the bridge.
- The raft is 12 meters away from the bridge and moving toward it at 7 m/s.
- The person's mouth is open (the one lying on the raft).
- The person on the bridge wants to release the grape so that is falls in to the raft person's mouth.
- How far away should the raft be from the bridge when the grape is released?
- On a piece of paper, sketch the situation and show all equations/work needed to answer the question. Draw a box around your final answer.
- Test on "Free Fall" unit.
- Equations will be provided.
- Don't forget you Quia account information.
Finish Experimental "g" Lab Report. Make sure you submit a printed copy of your lab report.
- VI. Conclusion. 1-2 sentences that address whether or not the purpose was achieved and your percent error, see below for an example.
- My group was not successful in achieving the amount of “g” we had hoped for. Our calculation of “g” was off by -18.67%.
- VII. Discussion. Answer the following questions in 2 paragraphs – five sentences for each paragraph. Don't forget to use you "Error Analysis" worksheet as guide to answer some of the questions.
- Why was your value off by the above amount and what caused the error? Explain (please consider all possible reasons – there are a lot of factors here).
Was the object used in the lab appropriate for achieving the purpose? Why or why not?
How could you make your value for “g” more accurate? Explain (again, lots to consider).
Chapter 2 Bookwork (please show your work)
- Plug and Chug 6-8
- Think & Explain 8
- Think & Solve, 2 & 4
"The Physics Essay" - 1 page minimum. Can be handwritten (in pen) or typed (double spaced, 12 pt font).
- What are your expectations for this class?
- What are you going to do to get an "A"?
- What are some things that you wonder about in science?
- What do TRUTH and HONESTY have to do with science?
Read the attachment, below, about taking Cornell Notes in class. It will be expected that all students take notes in this general format.
- Read "The Sentinel."