The counselor for the Class of 2011 is Ms. Sarah Julias. You may email her at email@example.com. you can also make an appointment to meet with her in person by calling 808-327-4300, extension 2463.
2. What requirements must my student meet in order to participate in the ceremony?
Your student must complete all of the following to participate in the ceremony:
- Meet all State of Hawaii Department of Education credit requirements;
- Successfully complete all parts of the Personal Transition Plan including, but not limited to, all ePortfoilio requirements and the successful completion of an exit interview;
- Pass all four years of CEPA with a grade of at least 85%;
- Meet ALL requirements listed in the agreement "Commencement Ceremony Participation Conditions"
- You may pick up your cap and gown during wiki on Tuesdays only in the SAC office.
- Late orders are starting to arrive, please check the SAC office on Tuesdays to see if your late order came in.
- Extra equipment will arrive the first week of May. An Announcement will be made when these items arrive. In the meantime, stop by the SAC office to reserve your item(s).
Extra tickets are not available. Doors open at 5:30 to the general public; tickets are not needed at this time.
5. I have concerns regarding the area where our graduates will now receive their leis. Why was this change made?
There are many reasons why the area students will receive their leis has been moved:
- Due to the nature of the equipment being used during the ceremony (such as generators, sound equipment and pyrotechnic supplies), it is no longer safe to have the general public behind the area of the stage.
- Many spectators were crowding the old area before the ceremony was over thus causing major distractions.
- This area will help streamline the registration process for Project Grad since it is closer to the area where students board their buses.
- There is actually more room in the new area.
- The new area is handicap accessible, will be well lit and contain giant ten foot letters that will help you find your graduate.
Should you have questions that were not answered in this FAQ, please email them to James Young, Student Activities Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org